уторак, 24. јануар 2012.

Gattaca Movie Reflection

                                                                     
                                           GATTACA
Did you ever feel like you are weaker than someone who is stronger than you? The movie, Gattaca, is based on a young man, Vincent, who had diseases and genetic health problems that could occur in a child due to his parent’s genes.  Vincent, however, had a dream. And he would do anything to accomplish this dream. He dreamt to go to space.
At the beginning of the movie, I thought that this film would be just another normal movie that won't make me have a strong impression on, or won't even help me understand the unit. But I have learned a lot, and it certainly taught me almost everything I needed to know about genetics including DNA samples, hair samples, genes, traits, heredity, etc. The movie, Gattaca, is about a young, genetically inferior person who tries to become a genetically superior and strong person in order to fullfill his dreams to fly to space. In order to succeed this mission, he found a friend who was genetically strong and stable, Jerome Morrow,  and he borrowed his genes throughout the whole movie. At the end, he succeeded without anybody knowing about the secret. Throughout the movie, I have learned that even a tiny piece of hair can tell you who a certain person is. I also didn't know that the genes of a man can be classified into whether or not he is strong or weak. What most interested me though, was how Vincent was able to put Jerome's skin on his own skin. Did he use some kind of glue? Anyway, All in all, this was one of the best movies I watched about science. I certainly hope we get to see Jurassic Park as well.

1 коментар:

  1. Yes.. A Jurassic Park party will be in the loop if we keep up the great work!

    ОдговориИзбриши